Using local drives while working on a Mosaic Anywhere machine
If a user would like to use their local drives while working on a Mosaic Anywhere machine they will need to follow a different set of instructions than normal Mosaic Anywhere users. The user will need to bring up the remote desktop connection window to begin.
- Go to: Start -> Run -> mstsc
- After they click OK button they will see the following screen. They will need to select Show Options:
- Instruct the user to select the Local Resources tab. If they need a local drive have them click on the More… button.
- If they selected the “More” button to use a Local Drive they will receive the following screen. Instruct them to check the Drives box. While in this window they can also select plug and play devices.
Note: Not all plug and play devices will work in remote workstations.
- Instruct the user to select “OK”. Now have them go back to the first screen. They will need to look at the Mosaic website to select an RWS machine that is available. After one has been located they will need to type it into the Computer section. The picture below demonstrates how it needs to be typed. Simply replace the number with the number of the available machine.
- The user will now be connecting to the RWS machine as if they had done it in the normal fashion from our website. Once they have logged in they should see their drive in My Computer.