You are unable to login to Banner because of an error with Java. Typically, even though Java is installed, there’s a message that indicates that an older version of Java must be installed to view the content.
The problem repeats itself in both Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
1. Click the Start Menu and open the Control Panel.
2. Double-click on Java and the Java Control Panel will appear.
3. Click on the Java tab. Under Java Applet Runtime Settings, click View.
4. The Java Runtime Settings will appear. Under the Enable column, uncheck the boxes for any additional Java versions listed (particularly 1.5.X). Allow the most recent version to remain checked.
5. Click OK on the Java Runtime Settings window.
6. Click Apply and OK on the Java Control Panel.
7. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to https://banner.uncc.edu and click on the yellow BANPROD link. If the Java-based login box appears with no errors, then the problem is fixed. If not a Mosaic Admin will need to be involved.