Having Printing Issues …
If you’re experiencing printing issues due to the following, take a look at these tips:
a) Print job was sent, but the print job still hasn’t come out.
- Look at the printer display panel. If it is saying that “A4” paper is needed, simply press the “Green” button to continue printing with the default paper size of 8.5 x 11.
b) Print job was sent, but there’s no paper in the printer.
- If you are in any of the Smith labs, please stop by our Help Desk in Smith 249 and let them know this. They will quickly restock the paper. If you are in another building, print to another printer that is nearby and contact the Mosaic Help Desk (via the options below) to remove the print job from the queue that had no paper in it.
c) Print job was sent, but the print quality is poor.
- You can choose to print the same job to another printer nearby. Afterwards, please inform the Mosaic Help Desk (via the options below) of the poor print quality, the amount of pages printed, what printer it was and they will credit you the pages.
d) Print job was sent, but the paper in the printer is jammed.
- Please inform our Help Desk (via the options below) of this situation ASAP. Do not attempt to remove the jam as it may create further damage to the printer. You can choose to print to another nearby printer. Afterwards, please inform the Help Desk of the paper jam, the amount of pages printed, what printer it was. They can then cancel your print job so the pages are not deducted from your account.
In each case, the best course of action is to contact the Mosaic Helpdesk via one of the following options:
- Call the at 704-687-5080
- Use Live Help. The Live Help application is located on our Mosaic web page on the lower left side. http://coe.uncc.edu/mosaic/
- Use the Mosaic Health Monitor. The Mosaic Health Monitor is in the Mosaic Windows task bar (on the right side), right-click on this icon and select “I Need Help!”
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org describing the circumstances with the printer problems.