Exchange 2010 and Your Outlook Profile
Your Outlook client should automatically be configured to connect to Exchange 2010 after your mailbox is moved.
If you receive an error message the first time you launch Outlook after your mailbox has been moved, please follow these instructions to manually re-configure your Outlook profile:
- Go to Start > Control Panel and double-click the Mail icon.
- Click the Show Profiles button.
- Highlight your profile and click the Properties button.
- Click the E-mail Accounts… button.
- Click Change…
- Change the Server name to outlook.uncc.edu
- Click Next > Finish > Close
- Click Close to close the Mail Set-up dialog box.
- Click OK to close the Mail dialog box.
Add a Secondary Mailbox in Outlook
See the instructions located at http://helpcenter.uncc.edu/Email/exchange_account.html for assistance in setting up a secondary mailbox within Outlook.
Once your mailbox is moved to the new email server, you will not be able to access your email through 49er Express. After we have transitioned all faculty/staff to the new email server, then we will be able to restore this service. As an alternative, you may access your email through the
Outlook Web App.
Outlook Web App
The URL for Exchange 2010 Outlook Web App is https://mail.uncc.edu/
Outlook Web App in Exchange 2010 offers many of the same features and options that are available in the full version of Outlook. Available mailbox options include: the out of office assistant, inbox rules, and signatures. Additionally, message delivery reports and the configuration of Junk mail rules are available.
To access these options, click on Options in the upper right-hand window of Outlook Web App and choose “See All Options…”
OWA Calendar Access
Access to other account calendars is now available through Outlook Web App. To open another user’s calendar, follow these instructions:
- Under Calendars, right-click “My Calendars” (for Macs, use control + click) and choose Add Calendar.
- Enter the username or display name of the account whose calendar you would like to open.
Accessing Secondary Mailboxes Through OWA
Access to secondary email accounts is also now available through Outlook Web App. To open a secondary account, follow these instructions:
- After logging in to OWA, click on the triangle next to your name in the upper right-hand corner of Outlook Web App.
- Enter the username or display name of the account that you would like to open. Note: Appropriate access permissions need to be granted by the mailbox owner.
- Click Open.